Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Today we begin the journey

Having thought about blogging for sometime, and reading other's efforts for even longer, I decided to "take action" finally and get started. One hesitation has been whether I really had anything to say; and is there actually anyone out there who cares to know, if I do. Well, at least my grandkids--the ones old enough to read, that is--should be interested. So, why not!

I learned to journal over a decade ago from my friend Oscar Woodall. Woody was ardent about journaling. I am not. But I have learned the value of doing so. Looking over my shoulder in what Woody termed "after-action reports" has become a valuable learning experience. I'll try and post some, not all, of these acquired thoughts as time goes on.

It would also be interesting to hear from readers. One thing that makes the "after-action report" a valuable thing is that it puts more/different eyes on the experience. So feel free to comment!

Also, as a teacher this space will naturally be used to "teach a little." I can't help it. It's in my blood. But I'm not going to post long studies--my other sites do plenty of that. Here I'll try to keep it a bit more personal.

Ok. That's a start. So as I hit the "enter posts" key for the first time, welcome.

Marantha!

Arjay

1 comment:

otdaniel478 said...

Hey Pastor Jordan I'm pleased to see your blog. My name is Osiris and I'm a student of GSB, soon to be a graduate. We have met a couple of times but you probally don't remember me (ask Ray and Debbie). Anyways This blog will give me a great chance to get to know you, and vise a verses despite your busy schedule and the fact that I live in Syracuse NY. I will check your blog on a regular basis and stay in touch.
Later Osiris