Sunday, August 3, 2008

Having Fun Too

I just finished teaching the last camp session of the day. We leave after the morning meeting tomorrow. We have had a truly blessed time.

One interesting occurrence was that I had to preach in my pajamas this evening. Well, its a bit of a story. This afternoon I have been wearing a pair of cargo shorts that it turns out I slept in last night (I can't really remember why!). After supper I went to our room to change and couldn't get in because Cynthia had locked the door and I didn't have my key. She didn't arrive at the meeting hall until we were underway and it was too late for me to change. So, it was really her fault I had to preach in the pj's--something I've never done before but that the crowd thought was great. I was also wearing my "Ricky Ricardo shirt" (actually a really nice Cubavera) so it was a good thing there is no video of the meeting!

When I finished tonight, closing in prayer, immediately every hand the the hall went up! They were, of course, playing a joke on me. It isn't the first time that has happened at camp! Anyway, I do appreciate the fellowship we have in the gospel of grace--and that we can have loads of fun along the way. I had pointed out during my message that God has quite a sense of humor--I didn't realize it would be demonstrated in such a dramatic fashion at the end of the study!

At the moment, while I'm using his computer again, Dan is discussing his adventure with Mitch Schmidlin to visit several cemeteries in the LA area. Turns out he once discovered a dead aunt he didn't realize had died--although she would be 120+ if she was still alive! This trip was to show Mitch (who is from Michigan) some of the graves of famous people. Actually its something I might like to do--but I'm married! Dan and Mitch aren't.

Goes to prove that "after meetings" can go down hill quick! But we are having lots of good laughs.

Maranatha!

No comments: