Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Day Before

Today is the day before I have the implant surgery. I have quite an unpleasant set of instructions for this afternoon, evening and early morning tomorrow. The only things I can eat until after the surgery either is clear liquid or something designed to make things come out of me! At least I’ll be able to do these things to myself!

Brother Mel always says, “If it tastes good, spit it out!” Well, everything I’m taking in today must be REALLY GOOD for me.

I do want to again say special thanks for so many friends who have sent cards and expressions of well wishes. To have so many have you on their heart and in their prayers is a humbling experience. This is especially true when it encompasses such a personal issue. When people pray for me and the ministry of the Word we carry on, I know it is really an expression of thanks for what the Lord is doing in and through our labors. It is touching beyond words to have, in my present situation, folks praying for me simply out of personal concern. I am (and continue to) learning to accept this, too, as from the Lord. As I mentioned in the study “Don’t Waste Your Cancer,” one thing not to miss is the opportunity to accept love from others who give it out of genuine hearts. Thanks--from my heart.

I report to the clinic at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow. They tell me I’ll be home (Cynthia will be there, of course, to drive me) by mid to late afternoon. My doctors told me to expect “only minor discomfort.” BUT: he told me that on two previous occasions and it turned out that both times I hurt like #%$@&^% (yea, go ahead a fill in the blank!!) for three or four days. So, since he hasn’t personally had this procedure done on him, I ain’t believing nothin’ he says on the “comfort” front. I talked to a friend yesterday who had this procedure 6 or 7 years ago. He reported he felt poorly for sometime. We’ll see how it goes.

One thing for sure: I will not be slackening the pace of our ministry. Although I have taken a bit of a breather during October and November, I’ll be back on the road in January 2008. Also, I only plan on being out of the Shorewood pulpit Sunday evening and Wednesday. I’ve already prepared radio through the end of November and will be resuming TV taping the first week in December. The latest Grace Journal went to the printer this week.

That about gets you up to date. I’ve been answering questions about what and why I am following the course I’m taking. Suffice it to say I’ve researched multiple ways of dealing with prostate cancer. What I am doing is my best judgment for my situation. The natural/nutritional path I’ve been following for sometime will continue and, in fact, I’ve already begun to expand on it. We are “fearfully and wonderfully made,” and our Creator has placed within our make up a marvelous capacity to heal. I’m doing all I can to enhance that capacity.

Maranatha!

No comments: