Thursday, November 1, 2007

Yea, I Caught It Too

After posting the previous article I noted that the clock had turned up the next day before I got it on line. Just shows ya that I work late!

November 1 is, on the religious calendar, All Saints Day. Reformation Day is October 31. Just so you have something more appropriate for today, here is a link to the words and music to a grand old hymn, For All the Saints. Make sure you have your speakers turned on so you can hear the soaring melody that goes with this triumphant hymn. We rarely sing this hymn–in fact, I can’t remember the last time we sang it in a service, but it stirs the soul. A hymn like this is a good reason to not throw away those old hymnbooks!

One verse that I especially like:

O blest communion, fellowship divine!
We feebly struggle, they in glory shine;
All are one in Thee, for all are Thine.
Alleluia, Alleluia!

Maranatha!

No comments: