Sunday, November 4, 2007

I've Been Upstaged!

We just got a call from Stacy telling us that David (our youngest son) has been admitted to the hospital with appendicitis! They will do surgery on him in the next hour or so. All I could say is that he couldn't stand me getting ahead of him! But emergency surgery is a bit much. They expect him to do well with the surgery, so that is encouraging. Stacy and the boys (Nathan, 3 and Bryant, 2) will be waiting on dad "hand and foot" as soon as they can get him home. (Hint, hint!!)

I also talked to Brother Ray Watson (of Maryville, TN) this afternoon. Ray has been in the hospital for several days for tests to locate the cause of headaches and other pains. Seems they decided he has artery blockage that will need to be cleared in the near future. He is home at the moment and was able to preach this morning (preaching always makes a preacher feel better!). Pray for Ray and Betty--they're a team we need to keep on the battlefield.

By the way, we had a great service this morning at Shorewood. Almost every seat was filled and the children's ministry was overflowing. Alex will teach this evening. I'm going to watch via video--unless I'm "indisposed" by then!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He he he! Not upstaging anybody, but I had a patch of skin cancer removed from my nose on Friday. Take a licking and keep on ticking!