Friday, December 7, 2007

Having a Rascally Day?

I received the following note and thought it might apply to those reading my blog also:

"One day God was looking down at earth and saw all the rascally behavior that was going on. So, He called one of His angels and sent him to earth for a time. When the angel returned, he told God, 'Yes, it is bad on earth: 95% are misbehaving and only 5% are behaving.'

God was not pleased with this so He decided to e-mail the 5% who were behaving to encourage them and to give them a little something to keep them going in the right direction.

Do you know what the e-mail said?

No?

Okay, just wondering. I didn't get one either!"

I am ever so glad that I don't need to await a daily e-mail from God to tell me how I'm doing! He has already provided everything I need to know in His written Word, the Bible. And it is an overwhelming joy to know that He has provided so that it is available for me in my own language in the King James Bible! What a treasure; what a joy-divine; what a responsibility!

When you come to realize the complete acceptance we have in Christ Jesus and the total sufficiency of His revelation to us in His Word, life takes on new purpose and direction. No longer need I wander around seeking to "read" and "interpret" my circumstances or feelings or impressions so as to find God's will for my life. I already have all of that in complete form in my Bible. Now, I can simply give myself to understanding His Word (that's what right division is all about) and thus be "filled with a knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding." That enables me to see my life, with all its varied situations and circumstances, for what it truly is: the stage upon which I can by faith apply His Word and will and thus "walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work."

But, perhaps, you knew all that, didn't you!--because Colossians 1:9-10 already told you!! I just like to repeat it so I don't forget! Thanks for listening--and don't be looking for any e-mails for heaven, you simply don't need them. It's already all in the Book!

Maranatha!

No comments: