Tuesday, April 15, 2008

eXpelled!

As I have already said, I saw a prescreening of Ben Stein's documentary last month. It opens this coming weekend. It has certainly stirred up the Richard Dawkinsites of the world. No wonder, given the absurdity of his views, especially as expressed on camera during the interview he gave Stein. The following is from the WorldNetDaily By Jill Stanek:

On April 18, “Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed,” will boast the largest U.S. opening of any documentary film ever. Scheduled for release in 1,000 theatres, “Expelled” will be hotter than “Farenheit 9/11,” which debuted on 868 screens, and much more convenient to see than “An Inconvenient Truth,” which I was surprised to find opened on only four screens nationwide despite all the hype, peaking at 587 before its appeal melted.What’s “Expelled” about? Synopsizes CNS News:

“Expelled” calls attention to the plight of highly credentialed scholars who have been forced out of prestigious academic positions because they proposed Intelligent Design as a possible alternative to Charles Darwin’s 150-year-old theories about the origins of life. Instead of entertaining a debate on the merits of competing theories, the scientific establishment has moved to suppress the ID movement in a “systematic and ruthless” way at odds with America’s founding principles, the film asserts.

Liberals have been going ape about “Expelled” for months as it has been screened around the country.

Note: As a Bible Believer I do not hold a brief for the so-called I-D movement, but Cynthia and I are going to see this documentary next weekend to help it have a good opening. Anything to tweak the geeks.

Maranatha!

1 comment:

:Donna said...

This is :Donna of Greg + :Donna in VA.:) We pray that you are feeling better!!!

G + I saw EXPELLED Saturday night with our 2 daughters + company. We thought it was informative and nicely packaged. As Christians, we have heard/read so many great arguments for creation (from a scientific point of view) through books, videos, or conferences through the years, so I am glad that this film may stir discussion + reach a larger audience who may not have been exposed to anything other than evolution.

Not that I would put my trust in "scientific proof". :):):) My faith begins + lies in Christ and His Word. Yet the "evidence" will follow, aligned with God's Word. Personally, after I was saved (or during?..for I have no memory of a specific time) evolution was still a stumbling block for me. Greg gave me a few Bible and Science cassettes by John C. Whitcomb and they provided wonderful, alternative answers to the lie of evolution.

Of course, now I look back and think, how did I ever believe that stuff?! Hahahaha

Anyhow, this is the first time I saw your blog and thought I would say hi and throw in my 2 cents.

Have a GREAT(ful)week, brother!
Love to your family,
:D. + G.