Thursday, April 17, 2008

Learning to Rant

I’m told that one of the most popular items in the blogging world is an occasional “rant.” If you don’t know exactly what that is, here is a sample (H.T. to Dan). Perhaps you should start your own blog so you can blow off a bit of steam too. Check it out:

1. Sunday is my favorite day of the week. I get to preach, enjoy visiting with the saints and take a nap all on the same day. It doesn’t get much better than that.

2. Spring is my favorite season—except for summer, fall and winter.

3. I’ve lived in the heat and I’ve lived in the cold. Personally, I think it’s easier to live in the cold. I mean you can always put more clothes on to get warm, but there’s a limit to what you can take off to get cool.

4. If you haven’t played on a Wii, you’ve missed a lot of fun. Even middle-aged uncool guys can play it.

5. I’ve noticed that when someone is poking along on I-290 in front of me, I wish they’d get their crazy fool self off the road and then a I buzz around them like a bat out of a cave. Then when someone buzzes around me the next moment like a bat out of a cave, I secretly pray that there’s a cop around the bend waiting with his radar gun on. But isn’t that how most of us view grace? We want it for ourselves, but not for other people. We want judgment for them.

6. Personally, I think the Church Growth Movement isn’t.

7. I’m not quite sure how the “Emergent Church” got its name, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t because it is “emerging” out of sound doctrine.

8. Have you ever noticed that people on a diet become totally obsessed with their diet and then become like Jehovah’s Witnesses about their diet trying to convince themselves and others that this is the best diet of all time? Oh, btw, I’m not on a diet.

9. The amount of junk we tend to gradually accumulate is simply appalling. Thus, I end up parking $25,000 worth of automobiles in my driveway while we park stuff that wouldn’t bring $250 at a yard sale in the garage. Pretty stupid, isn’t it?

10. Arby’s Homestyle Turkey/Bacon/Ranch Sandwhich is outstanding. The bread is whole grain and really great. Plus, there’s something about them that makes you feel like you’re eating healthy when you have one even though you know it really isn’t.

11. For the life of me, I can’t understand why people get on the moving sidewalks at airports and then refuse to walk. Most people who just use them for a “ride” really need the walk. Meanwhile, they are slowing down those of us who use them to get to our gate twice as fast.

12. People who spend a lot of time talking about how awful teenagers are probably don’t know any teenagers. The more I spend time around teenagers, the more I don’t like adults. I love our high school group. These are the best teenagers around.

Well, enough of that! I feel better already. . .well, maybe soon. . .ok, ok. . .I know. . . That's all for now.

Maranatha!

1 comment:

Perfumes said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.