Monday, July 28, 2008

Ready To Go, Again

I just finished packing my suitcase. I leave in the morning for California. Cynthia and the AZ grandkids flew out this morning to Mesa. It has been great having them here for almost the whole month of July. I know they are glad to be home, but we'll miss the excitement and "action" they bring to the house! But first we have one more week together in the mountains of southern California.

Cynthia will drive over from Mesa with Rick and family along with some of the saint from there. I am flying directly to Orange County along with Susi Grist who is from Sweden. She has been here for several weeks to attend conferences and didn't want to fly to a strange airport alone (and there is little stranger than a California airport!); I didn't want to make the 8+ hour drive, and I also I got an extra day to catch up on things here.

The California Family Camp has long been a wonderful time of fellowship and blessing. Headed up by John and Lori Verstegen and the saints from Berean Bible Ministries, San Juan Capistrano, folks from across the southwest (and beyond) assemble in Idylwild to enjoy the beautiful mountains and rejoice in the message of grace. I'll be speaking each evening; John, Rick and Keith Baxter will be teaching in the mornings.

I got an email Monday from a brother who listens to our Sunday services via the videocast from Shorewood. He commented that "You were really diggin' taters this morning!" That's a way of saying that the message was really hitting home--and it's music to the ears of an Alabama boy. I learned years ago that teaching/preaching needs to aim at the heart as well as the head. I pray earnestly that I not only make the message accurate and clear, but that it also hits the intended target--the heart of the hearer. There is nothing more exciting than having God's Word "working effectually in you that believe." And there is little that compares with "so speaking that a multitude believes." I hope to dig some taters in California this week!

Maranatha!

No comments: