Saturday, November 29, 2008

Bama Won!

We just got home from Alabama. Drove a bit over 3,000 miles in all. While driving last night we listened to the Friday night version of the Grand Ole Opry over Nashville's WSM. They announced it was their 83 anniversary night! I used to listen to the regular Saturday edition when we lived in Alabama--it was a weekly ritual. I would listen to the Opry while reading the Pastoral Epistles (something I did each week--still generally do, in fact). That will only make sense if you're from Alabama (or perhaps Tennessee!!).

Our goal was to make it home before the Alabama/Auburn game was over. My brother called Cynthia each time Bama scored and we made it home in the middle of the fourth quarter. She was excited to see the last touchdown--more so that her team won. My dear wife bleeds Crimson Red. Otherwise she is pretty normal.

We had a good time in Mobile. Nathan and Bryant think the "bay house" is Alabama. They are too young as yet to know the difference, but they are old enough to enjoy it! We played in the water and hiked in the "big woods." We all ate too much on Turkey day. Family time is good time.

While driving down we got a call that the father-in-law of one of Cynthia's sisters had died. I had the opportunity to conduct the grave side service--interestingly, it was the only time the gospel was given. Mr. Bush knew the Lord; I had personally heard his testimony. So it was easy and a joy to point folks to "life in Christ Jesus." I thank God for opportunities like this!

Now we have a busy week ahead. I wish every believer had the privilege of being a part of a good, sound, active grace church! It fills life with excitement and joy! Its the real reason Cynthia and I were anxious to get home tonight. She's busy at the moment getting her Sunday School class lesson ready; I've already got my a.m. study on "Paul's Prayer Template" (Phil. 1:9-11) done and am almost finished with the p.m. study. Just taking a break to answer email (37 of them) and post this before I finish that--and read I Tim. thru Philemon!

Maranatha!

No comments: