Saturday, February 14, 2009

Great Start

I'm writing this just after the second session of the first night of the conference here in California. We are off to a great start. The auditorium is filled with a really energetic group of saints of all ages. They have traveled not only from across the southwest but also from Illinois, Michigan, South Dakota and Florida. Several couples have come from the television program. The singing, led by Ted Marolf, has been spirited with everyone joining in with real gusto. I even was allowed to play the keyboard!

I introduced the Book of Ephesians the first hour, then John began the exposition of chapter one. It is grand to see folks eagerly soaking up the sound doctrine.

For those worried about where the young people are, let me assure you they are both here and interested. As I looked over the audience, maybe 15% are over 60. The remainder are mainly in the 25-45 age group along with a large group of teens. The children's work is in another building but from the number of young couples present no doubt there is a full house there too. Over the past several years, this has been the general ratio of most of our meetings. Don't despair for the future of the so-called grace movement--at least the network of which we are a part.

A good group has gathered with us via PalTalk. If you can join us tomorrow, by all means do so.

Every conference is different. This one is off to a rousing start--even though it has rained most of the day.

Maranatha!

P.S. My Arizona grand children are here. I don't get to see them nearly often enough, but when I do they make my heart rejoice to see how they are growing up to be fine young people.

No comments: