Monday, March 16, 2009

She's Gone Again!

Cynthia left for AZ this morning. She called a few minutes ago to say she had landed and was being picked up. It is touching to me to see how our grandkids refresh her so. She loves children; they love her. Her ministry with them is remarkable--as is true for all our children's workers. But there is something so very special about grandkids!

I'll be leaving for Pigeon Forge, TN on Friday. The conference there runs through the end of next week. It looks to be a grand time. The hotel has been completely renovated and there is a new meeting hall. Reports are that the reservations are already ahead of last year, so even in the current economy folks are looking for a time of renewal around the message of grace. Since I preach nightly, I'll be finishing my messages tomorrow. Also make radio for the next two weeks. Wednesday is packing day, Thursday I have two business meetings (one with our Chicago radio station and the other with an Internet company). So got to get lots done today and tomorrow.

After the extra busy time yesterday, I've been dragging today. I've come to realize that I am more limited physically than my "ego" wants to admit. My stamina this long after the radiation treatment is probably what it is going to be. I actually watched a video of me preaching a month or so ago and couldn't believe how slow I was talking! Not that anyone complained!! As I watched it I was struck by how tired I looked. As I thought back, I was tired! I suppose that it is a "man thing" not to want to embrace such limits. I guess I'll have to cut back to a 60-hour week.

Being "home alone" this evening I am going to reread Dent's latest book, The Great Depression Ahead. It contains a wealth of information that can help focus ministry for the days ahead. I am going to teach through the cycles or seasons of nationalism at the April school meeting. I did some of this a decade ago; this will be an update. So....I got some more studying to do.

Maranatha!

No comments: