Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Another Mind Dump From Florida

We travel back to Chicago tomorrow afternoon--back to the cold! The extra time here has been well spent. Cynthia and I have enjoyed the opportunity extended to us by a friend to use a condo for a few days and we have had our Florida grand children (and parents!) with us. Not really a relaxing time, but a fun time indeed!

I taught for Fred Bekemeyer Monday evening and at noon today. They front-end-load their week with studies. The Monday night session was on PalTalk and it was good to be able to personally greet the folks there in a way I don't usually have. The P-T room was well attended over the weekend for the conference and again on Monday p.m. Monday I taught a study under a title I first heard years ago at the Mobile Rescue Mission from Brother Reynolds , "When In Trouble, Remember Your 8's"--i.e. Romans chapter 8, then verse 18, 28, 38. Today we went over Ephesians 6:10.

Fred has not been well, but seemed to be feeling better today. He goes in for treatment on Thursday. I know he (and the saints of Community Bible Church) would appreciate your prayers.

I read an article recently about "Four Mistakes Pastor's Who Blog Make"--I don't have the link at hand but will try to remember to get it when I return home. The first point was "Using poor grammar and misspelling." That would be a no brainier, I would think. The last one was "Doing mind dumps." If you wonder what that is, well, its what I'm doing here! Most of the comments disagreed with that point; I do too, at least in general.

Another point was "Not establishing a regular routine." In other words, I should get into a regular habit that you can anticipate. Fat chance! But it explains posts like this.

Maranatha!


4 comments:

flahal said...

We enjoyed your visit and the ministry of your teaching. It's good to see you getting back up to speed despite the medical distractions. Thanks!

Charlie said...

Hi Pastor Jrodan

How cool! I just discovered your blog. I have a blog also (Charlie's Trails) that I use primarily to keep my family and friends updated on my winter travels. I'll be staying in Gila Bend next month and plan to visit your son's assembly in Tempe. GOD bless you and your wonderful and essential ministry.

Grace and Peace, Keith Price

Deborah (Hickinbotham) Collins said...

"Using poor grammar and misspelling." That would be a no brainier,..." Is that the French spelling or the new English?

Just kidding, Pastor Rick! I am really enjoying your blog. I've always wanted to know you better, and here's my chance!

Deborah Collins
www.paulsgospel.blog.com

Richard Jordan said...

Deb,

Just trying to see if anyone is awake--or has a sense of humor! Thanks for having your eyes open while reading.

rj