Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Home Alone Again

I’m sitting here listening via the internet to Alex teaching the evening study at Shorewood. Cynthia and our granddaughters are at church. I simply couldn’t make even the trip there. We had an outstanding conference last weekend with Brother Ted Fellows. Then we had our annual Watchnight Extravaganza Monday evening. Way too much “Christian partying!”

I think I am progressing beyond the most severe accumulation of the radiation effects of the cancer treatment, at least I haven’t felt like I am worse than the week before for two weeks. Until this week, that is. You know the routine: you feel bad over an extended time, for whatever reason; then as soon as you feel a little better (or at least no worse), you over do it and have a set back. Hopefully it is temporary. Today I simply haven’t been able to do anything, so I’ve spent most of the day in bed with fever like symptoms and big time fatigue. Tomorrow is another day! It’s wonderful to have great co-workers to fill in the gaps!

We also had a house full for the holidays—Rick and his family along with David and his family (and then the Fellows over the weekend). We tried to cram the months of not seeing our grandchildren into one short week. We did get a family portrait done; I’ll try to post a copy of it if I can figure out how to do so. We also had some snow, so the grand kids got to experience both the snow fall and the clean up--along with building a snow man.

By the way, Ted’s series on “The Mystery of Godliness” was very helpful. In fact, I noticed several conversations taking place during our Watchnight meeting about various topics he presented . When folks continue to discuss on their own what they have been taught, then you know it made the impact you pray for! We’ll have these studies on our church web site in due time; I recommend them to you!

I trust you will have a good and prosperous new year and that if the Lord tarries another year you’ll be able to look back at 2008 as a special year in your walk with the Lord.

Maranatha!

1 comment:

schooner said...

dear brother , reading your blog with interest here in devon UK just want to tell you i am sending your messages on cancer to a friend in our town who needs to listen to the truth . i am also sending them your conference messages together with John Verstegens on the epistle of Paul to the Galatians with regard to the dangers of Galatianism KEEP STRONG IN CHRIST YOU HAVE MORE OF GODS PLAN TO PREACH , EDIFYING THE SAINTS WHO NEED THE TRUTH TO BE PASSED ON FOR THEIR EDIFICATION . I PRAISE CHRIST FOR YOUR PERSEVERANCE

LOVE FROM ALL OF US IN ENGLAND