Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Congratulations, Danielle!


We just learned that our oldest grand daughter, Danielle, was accepted into the National Junior Honor Society--she is 13 years old. Congratulations, kiddo! We are proud of you. Not only is she growing up to be a lovely young lady, she is smart--at least, for a blonde (that's an "inside" joke). Now, if only her twin brother can catch up.

By the way, her younger sister, Emily, is developing into quite a writer. I have often declared the old maximum to be true: Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your kids. The older they get, the more truth there is to that statement.

This morning our "Florida boys" called to talk to grandma (she gets all the attention, and deservedly so). Since I answered the phone, I got to talk to Nathan a bit before grandma got to the phone. She wants to go back to Florida soon to see Noah, now that he is a couple of months old. You can guess how all my airline travel miles get used! At least Bryant said, "Hi grandpa!"
They called to say they were going to start swimming lessons.

Cynthia will be babysitting for Hanna and Kayla later this week. It is nice to have at least a couple of the grans close by! Hard to believe they just turned seven last month!

At the moment I'm editing DVDs from last weekend's school conference. Mike Taylor is on my screen just now. His grandfather, Marvin Taylor, thinks he is something very special. I agree! Marvin is the only one I know who brags about his grandkids more than me!....well, there are others, too, but he is up there at the top of the list!

Just think: all this, and heaven too! No wonder my heart stays so full of thanksgiving. Just wanted ya'll to know.

Maranatha!

No comments: