Monday, April 27, 2009

Tired and Happy

Another Soldiers Training for Service conference is history. We had a bit smaller crowd this year (about 200) but it was one of the more enthusiastic ones! At least 40% had never attended an STS meeting and many of them are new students. It was wonderful to enjoy the outstanding spirit, commitment and excitement on display over the message of grace from the rightly divided Word!

The economy is beginning to more and more take a toll on folks. A good number of our regulars, some who have not missed a conference in years, were unable to be here due to hardships brought on because of the times. We need to stand together during these difficult days and encourage oneanother in every way possible.

Cynthia and I have been sick for over a week with really bad chest colds. I was able to teach five sessions on Saturday but there were times I didn't think my voice was going to hold out--not to mention my mind and legs! She had wonderful help from the ladies of Shorewood and they even made her go home Friday and Saturday nights before everyone else--my wife thinks she should be the last one out the door! It is wonderful to have friends who not only help with the work but look out for your best interests too.

This week will be filled with getting things back in order and caught up. I'll be in Detroit next week so have to get things done for that. Our kitchen is still not functional, so we continue to live out of one room (our bedroom). I'm actually getting used to it!

Maranatha!

3 comments:

Hal and Kathy Bekemeyer said...

I'm pleased to hear the good report. I was told by one attendee that the preaching was exceptional which emphasized my chagrin at having to stay home. Best wishes. Hal

faithplusnothing said...

I didn't get to see a lot of it but it was great! Hope you have it on your website.

Lking said...

We watched almost all of the conference. It was an awesome experience. Thank you for putting it on the Internet so we could see it.
God Bless!