Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Just So

Just so you know that we haven't gone out of business, I thought I should get an update posted. Its been awhile! Actually the "10 Second Kiss" post got such a large response--both in my email box and on FaceBook but for some reason not on the comments here--that I just left it as the top article for a bit longer than usual. Ted suggested we should market the idea--something to consider if he ever masters the technique!

Anyway, I have been busy. Traveled to southern Illinois, Detroit twice, Grand Rapids, Oregon, Washington and Cynthia and I will be leaving for Concord, NC tomorrow and then on the Hamlin, PA next week. Seems like I'm missing some place, but my mind isn't working great at the moment. I'm in the Detroit airport hoping for an on-time departure (something I haven't had the past two months).

Shorewood is into its regular school-year-routine now, so things are really busy there. We have broken into the 100+ hookups for the live Internet broadcasts of our services. Another milestone! Alex is teaching an eight week Friday night evangelistic seminar on "Where Is God?" and we've had really great response from folks outside our normal group. Exciting (and humbling)to see people coming to faith in Christ and growing in grace. We also started a new Sunday morning class for the post-high-school-but-under-30 group. We're calling Cuppa G.r.a.c.e. (i.e., "Grace Rightly Applied Changes Everything"--an anachronism someone came up with that we all like!). I'm actually teaching the class the first three months.

I am blown away with all the folks I'm meeting who are watching Forgotten Truths! The enthusiastic interest for the message of grace is a joy to behold. In Oregon, a 94 year old husband and his 91 year old wife had his 84 year old sister drive them some 9 hours to attend the conference! They simply "had to be there," and are fruit from FT. We are also beginning to enroll a significant number of students in GSB from the FT audience. At first I wondered if they really understood what they were "getting into," but have discovered they not only do they understand they are fast becoming some of our most determined students!

As we watch the culture about us disintegrating before our eyes, it is both comforting and challenging to have the solid rock of God's preserved Word to rest our confidence on, knowing that Psalm 138:2 is still true. The next two decades will be the most important decades of our lives--no matter what your age is at the moment. The Winter season for America is here; we need to be busy about the work of the ministry during this fertile time for spiritual impact. This is not season to be weary in well doing! Lets get on with the program!

Maranatha!

1 comment:

truthis said...

Do you think that agreement with the message of the gospel,or in other words a correct intellectual understanding is that sufficient for salvation.
I'm curious because in my studies i am finding verses that makes the case that unless the heart is regenerated there can be no salvation.
Illustrated: I make a claim that is accurate about believing on the Lord Jesus Christ and say I believe it yet my life reflects the ongoing activities of a lost person and sin has no affect on me.In fact I seek out opportunity to sin.