Sunday, October 11, 2009

On the Road Again

We finished the conference in Concord, NC this morning. Brother Perry Lemmons and the saints of Royal Grace Bible Church did a great job of hosting this time in the Word. It was good to meet a number of folks who are new to right division and see their joy at the clarity it brings to the Scriptures.

This afternoon Cynthia and I traveled to Winston-Salem to visit my niece--my only brother's middle daughter, Nichole. She is a grad from Salem College and has decided to make this beautiful and genuinely southern city her home. After Nic gave us a tour of the historic college campus area, we had supper together and a good time catching up on life. She is on FaceBook and had added me as a friend by the time I got online this evening. She has 100 more friends than I do, so she thinks she's out doing me!

We are spending the night somewhere in Virginia and will be going on to the Leaches in PA tomorrow. Frankly, this is far too beautiful an area to travel through in the dark. I want Cynthia to see it again as it has been a long time since we traveled up I-81 together (last time was in the mid-80's!).

I've had several good reports from home so know that they had an outstanding day at Shorewood. My heart is always there and folks know it, so they send me notes on what's going on. It is wonderful to have such a "home" to return to. There's no place like home, even when your away doing important and valuable things. Having "hearts knit together" in "the household of faith" is a blessing beyond my ability to describe--so I just enjoy it!

Maranatha!

2 comments:

Hal and Kathy Bekemeyer said...

Yes, there is nothing like the household of faith. Enjoy your ride up Shenandoah Vally - the I-81 corridor is beautiful this time of year.

sitten said...

Hi,
I was intending to attend myself but Saturday was the only sure day I could have gone at the time of preperation. To my surprize I find that I was a week off track, so if I follow my plans you'll not be there. Sorry I messed-up, but I still got ( Helpers of your Joy ) to sit back and listen to. As I hunger more for the word I find the taste much sweeter when it is rightly devided.
I'll catch you next time around, if possible.
Have a good day,